Roy Uncle (haha) made a comment that needs a little explanation—in response to a reference I made about Sweet Pea, Roy said “I think you mean 'stinky pete.'” Let me explain. When we were about 5 weeks along, my Iphone app said that the baby was the size of a sweet pea. So, that is what I started calling our little miracle- Sweet Pea! Chris wanted to make sure that we took in consideration if the child was a boy, because he feared that Sweet Pea may be too feminine. He started calling the baby-- Stevie Pete (keeping the same starting letters as Sweet Pea)! I said there is no way we were calling it Stevie Pete, so he said “Ok, fine we will call it Stinky Pete!” I said “no,” but it was too late because Chris enjoyed using that name. So here we are – the poor child is being addressed as Sweet Pea or Stinky Pete! I know you all are probably hoping that our baby name selections turn out better than this!
No comments:
Post a Comment