So, we were excited at the possibility of sharing this amazing news with our families at Christmas. I was leaving the following week to Charlotte and was going to spend 10 days there with my parents. I was really excited and hoped that I could keep the secret until everyone was together for our annual Christmas Eve party. We planned to tell Chris' family after Christmas when the whole family would be together for Chris' dad's birthday. It was all falling wonderfully in place.
The morning that I was leaving for Charlotte, I vomited in the airport bathroom. I was worried that this was a bad sign, because if I continued getting sick, I would never be able to keep this a secret. Luckily, for me, this never became an issue. Life in Charlotte was wonderful--nothing out of the ordinary, and it was great to have mom's wonderful cooking and to see all the family. I also got an earful of the usual loving harassment from the family of when we planned on having kids and if we could just give one child to mom so that she could be happy. I did not know if i would be able to make it another week to Christmas with this secret at times! I was definitely more tired than usual, but other than that, everything was just great.
The morning that I was leaving for Charlotte, I vomited in the airport bathroom. I was worried that this was a bad sign, because if I continued getting sick, I would never be able to keep this a secret. Luckily, for me, this never became an issue. Life in Charlotte was wonderful--nothing out of the ordinary, and it was great to have mom's wonderful cooking and to see all the family. I also got an earful of the usual loving harassment from the family of when we planned on having kids and if we could just give one child to mom so that she could be happy. I did not know if i would be able to make it another week to Christmas with this secret at times! I was definitely more tired than usual, but other than that, everything was just great.
No comments:
Post a Comment