Today I interviewed a candidate for a high level executive position within my company. Towards the end of the interview, we started talking about personal things- including family. I take the opportunity to talk about Naveen at every moment- so he really had no hope. :)
He was a very proud father and told me that he always advises new fathers of 3 things...
1) Make sure when your child is born, spend as much time as you can with him/her before you leave them in the nursery. He said you will always remember those precious moments.
2) Never refer to spending time with your child as babysitting. He said that even if you are relieving the mom of duty, you should look at the time you are spending as "parenting" and not being a substitute parent. He said you should always set aside "daddy and son/daughter time" every week to show them how much you value your time with them.
3) Write letters to your children. This was such an amazing idea. He said that he wrote his daughter a letter the day that she was born and is saving it to give to her for her 21st birthday. He said that he has written letters to really capture all his feelings on paper since every moment passes by so quickly...and you never know if you will remember it the same way later one or will even be around to share that feeling with your child later on.
Again. what a cool idea- I know I have been keeping the blog, but I have been really lazy lately in keeping up with it and really writing down my feelings as well as keeping everyone informed of what is going on.
I feel rejuvenated and will try to do a better job of capturing my feelings and emotions. Naveen I promise to do it in the blog or some other method.
The best part- I immediately called Chris after I got back to my office to share with him the good piece of advice.
Do you know what he said to #3? He said that he created an email address for Naveen a few months ago and sent him some "letters." He admitted that he has not kept up with it as he wanted, but he wants to do better. Just hearing that he took that step on his own to send Naveen a letter just filled my heart..Naveen is so lucky to have such a great dad and I am so lucky to have such a good husband.
He was a very proud father and told me that he always advises new fathers of 3 things...
1) Make sure when your child is born, spend as much time as you can with him/her before you leave them in the nursery. He said you will always remember those precious moments.
2) Never refer to spending time with your child as babysitting. He said that even if you are relieving the mom of duty, you should look at the time you are spending as "parenting" and not being a substitute parent. He said you should always set aside "daddy and son/daughter time" every week to show them how much you value your time with them.
3) Write letters to your children. This was such an amazing idea. He said that he wrote his daughter a letter the day that she was born and is saving it to give to her for her 21st birthday. He said that he has written letters to really capture all his feelings on paper since every moment passes by so quickly...and you never know if you will remember it the same way later one or will even be around to share that feeling with your child later on.
Again. what a cool idea- I know I have been keeping the blog, but I have been really lazy lately in keeping up with it and really writing down my feelings as well as keeping everyone informed of what is going on.
I feel rejuvenated and will try to do a better job of capturing my feelings and emotions. Naveen I promise to do it in the blog or some other method.
The best part- I immediately called Chris after I got back to my office to share with him the good piece of advice.
Do you know what he said to #3? He said that he created an email address for Naveen a few months ago and sent him some "letters." He admitted that he has not kept up with it as he wanted, but he wants to do better. Just hearing that he took that step on his own to send Naveen a letter just filled my heart..Naveen is so lucky to have such a great dad and I am so lucky to have such a good husband.
No comments:
Post a Comment