Thursday, June 14, 2012

Only child syndrome already?

So, I call the daycare everyday around noon to find out how Naveen is doing.  I have been doing this everyday since I moved to my new job (after he was 3 months old).  I think it makes me feel better since I can't go see him everyday at lunch anymore.

Well, usually there is not anything exciting to report.  They tell me he has been a good boy and if he is taking a nap or eating his lunch.

Today's call started off the same way as usual.  However, I remembered that the teachers told me he was a little fussy the day before- we thought it was maybe because his new teeth.  So, today, I asked if he was still fussy.  His teacher, Ms. Razan, just laughed at that question and proceeded to tell me that she figured out what was driving Naveen's fussiness- he was jealous!

Ms. Razan said she was holding Naveen and playing with him on her lap.  Well, soon He wanted to get down from her lap to play with some toys.  So, off he went to play and did not give her a second thought (he means business when he plays).  However, when he turned around, the daycare teacher was holding his friend Liv (another child who is just a few weeks older than Naveen).  Ms. Razan said that Naveen suddenly got so angry and upset.  Judging by how upset that he was, she thought he wanted a bottle. So, she put Liv down on the floor to get a bottle.  As she was getting the bottle, she turned around to witness Naveen crawling quickly over to Liv and pushing her down! Ms. Razan realized then that he was upset because she was held Liv in her lap!  Naveen was being possessive! Can you believe he was jealous!?!  Apparently,  Naveen is suffering from an-only-child syndrome :)

Oh my, we may have raised a bully....

No comments:

Post a Comment