Saturday, June 16, 2012

Happy Father's Day!


One of Naveen' Father's day gifts was made at daycare.  Chris could not wait to open it so he opened it today!  It was a cute framed poem with Naveen's footprints at the bottom.  The poem is so touching that I wanted to share it with you...

Walk A Little Slower Daddy
 For My Daddy

"Walk a little slower Daddy,"
said a child so small,
"I'm following in your footsteps
and I don't want to fall.

Sometimes your steps are very fast,
Sometimes they're hard to see;
So walk a little slower, Daddy,
For you are leading me.

Someday when I'm all grown up,
You're what I want to be;
Then I will have a little child
Who'll want to follow me.

And I would want to lead just right,
And know that I was true,
So walk a little slower, Daddy,
For I must follow you."

What a great poem and an awesome reminder of what an amazing responsibility we are given as parents.  Naveen, we hope that we will always provide you the footsteps that you can follow in and be proud of when you grow up.

On that note, I would like to send a special Father's Day shout-out to my father.  He has not only been a father figure to Roy and me, but also to most of his family and others.  He has always been a loving and caring person- always putting those he loved before himself and his needs- all through his life.  Dad, we can not never repay you for all that you have done for us, but we can only hope that we can give at least a fraction of that love in return.  We love you so much. Happy Fathers's Day Papa!

For all those men in my life who helped raise and influence me, especially my uncles and grandfather – thank you for being such a great influence and showing me the meaning of family.



No comments:

Post a Comment