Monday, January 16, 2012

Naveenie's "Top Ten" list

As you can remember, I made a "top ten" blog post for Naveenie's first two months.  I have referenced that list so many times for newly pregnant moms that I wanted to make sure to keep track of the things that we have used the most.  As I said in the last post, I always start off with 10 items but then keep thinking of things!

Wipes warmer- ok, I looked into this for awhile before pregnancy, but from all the reviews, the consensus was that this was not necessary.  So, I did not ask for this on my registry.  However, we received it as a gift- so what the heck, I decided to keep it.  Although the wipes do not stay warm for long and can dry out if you do not add enough water, I am sure Naveen appreciates the semi-warm wipes as it touches his butt in the middle of the night.



Bogginhead pacifier holder- this pacifier works great with the soothie pacifiers (the one that we got at the hospital).  It is a good quality and much needed if you do not want to be wiping the pacifier all the time!
The magic bullet and oxo ice cube tray- i am using both of these items to make naveen's baby food! first, i steam the items and then blend it in the magic bullet. Next i put it in a the ice cube tray so to make approx. 1 ounce servings.  I love that the ice cube tray has a cover so that i do need to move the food to a containers that would keep the freezer smells out of the food.  Not sure how long I can keep this up, but I love making his food fresh.
Bright Starts Activity Mat- Naveen LOVES this mat! he goes crazy with all the toys hanging on top of him.  It gives him a safe place to be active with lots of stimulation around him!
Night Night Little Pookie- my college friends, Leena and Suhale, gave me us this book because their son loves it.  I had never heard of it- but boy, do we all love this book!  I am sure it will be a favorite of Naveen's growing up!
Monthly stickers from Etsy.com- As you probably know, I use these stickers every month on a white onesie to show how much Naveenie is changing each month.  I love that I can go back and see the changes!


Graco Stroller Fun Pack- So Roy Uncle bought this pack for Naveenie.  Although we do not have a graco stroller, it fits pretty well on our Orbit.  The monkey that we have attached to the side of his Orbit carseat has been a LIFESAVER!  He loves the monkey and its rattle!  We haven't used the bug net, but the rain shield has been great while we had to run into daycare with Naveen.  We have received all sorts of compliments on these items.
Bounty- so why Bounty?  This is what i use to make our diaper wipes!  Pearl chechy helped me with the "recipe," and i love that I know that the wipes are really cleaning him and not just moving bacteria around.  Currently, my recipe consists of water, baby oil, and lavender baby soap.
Closet Dividers- these dividers have helped organize the madness of Naveenie's closet.  He received so many clothes that i can only imagine how much time I would spend to try to organize all the stuff.  These dividers are awesome!
The high chair "High Pod"-  I have to admit that I was sort of bummed that we spent so much money (and all my research time) on this high chair and I had not made use of it as of three months.  One of the key features of the seat was being able to recline it during infant use.  Up to 3 months, we were feeding Naveen in our arms, so there was no point to the seat.  However, after starting cereal and solids, this seat has been worth it.  Although Naveen was holding up his head by the time we started cereals, he still was not completely stable so the recline feature became so useful.  He loves his high chair, so it makes feeding easy
Fisher Price Little Lamb Seat- at first Naveen was a little small for this seat, but he now loves it!  it is very comfortable, vibrates, and plays music.  We make use of this seat now so that Naveen can sit with us in bathroom while we get ready in the mornings!







Diaper Genie- We honestly just started using this in the past month.  With breastmilk, Naveen's diaper really did not stink!  We just put the diapers in the regular trash.  However, with some formula and now solids, the diaper experience has completely changed!  The diaper genie has made a huge difference!

 
Canon Rebel- ok, no justification needed here.  My SLR is my best friend :)





The Nosefrida "the snot sucker"-  ok, i know it sounds gross.  It is one of those things that you have to be a parent first to really understand.  At the hospital, you are given a bulb syringe to clear out any nasal congestion and mouth fluid for your infant.  I hated the bulb...we had to use it constantly in the hospital because NaveenFrida!  Yes, you suck the mucus out of the infants nose, but no worries, there is a filter in between your mouth and the tube.  We love it because 1) it is not intrusive 2) clear tubing so you can see if you are getting anything from your suction 3) easy to clean and 4) we can use our own breath to suck so it is better pressure.  Since mucus hanging around the nose is the perfect ingredient for an ear infection- we do anything we can do help our little buddy...definitely worth the purchase.

Babymoon pillow- I believe this pillow helped Naveen not have a flat head from laying on his backside all the time.  After seeing some of classmates in daycare with their helmets, I am so glad we used this pillow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment