Naveenie had his first ear infection. So sad. You know it is going to happen sometime, but you can never prepare yourself for the first one. He had been sick for some time with just a persistent cough and congestion. However, since he did not have any other symptoms, they did not want to give any medication. We just needed to watch his temperature.
Well, we knew the doctor preferred rectal temperature, but we were honestly mortified to do it. We were scared we were going to hurt him. I had been using a forehead scanner, which seemed safer to me. After the nurse took his temperature and showed us how to do it rectally, we realized that he was fine with it. It was just us J They told us to call them with a 100.4 or higher temperature.
In the middle of the night, the forehead and the rectal thermometer were so off from each other. I was so worried that he had a temperature, and we did not know it. So I ran to the store—we are now in possession of 2 rectal thermometers, 1 forehead scanner, and 1 ear scanner! Haha—I know, first time mom!
The sad part about all this is that because of the darn ear infection, Naveenie had to miss his Halloween costume parade at daycare! Oh well- at least he is better now, and on his way to recovery!
No comments:
Post a Comment