Friday, March 11, 2011

18 Weeks Update


  • How far along: 18 Weeks (17 weeks and 4 days)
  • Size of Sweet Pea:  5.5 inches long and 5 oz. (size of a Sweet Potato this week!)
  • Notable accomplishments for Sweet Pea: Per FitPregnancy (they say she instead of he/she)… “Your baby is about 5 to 5 1/2 inches long from top to tail and weighs a little more than five ounces, about the size of a lobster tail. While in earlier weeks, your baby may have been able to sense sound with her primitive ear structures, this week, the bones of the ear become fully formed along with the part of her brain that processes signals from his ears. There's still plenty of room in your uterus, so your fetus can be quite active with her new muscles. She may change positions frequently, cross her legs, recline, suck her thumb, and turn somersaults. Her retinas have become light sensitive, and your baby may be able to detect a glow if you shine bright lights at your belly (even though her eyelids are sealed).”
  •  Total Weight Gained: approx. 4-5 lbs!  I told Chris the other morning that I feel like we just ate at a Chinese buffet!  We used to laugh because anytime we went to a buffet...we both left the restaurant feeling miserable from being so full.  I kinda feel that way most of the time- I feel full without even eating!  The coming months should be interesting...
  • Maternity Clothes:  The clothes are definitely tighter.  Since I have such fitting, small clothes- I may be moving to maternity clothes sooner than I think!  I am definitely struggling with my suit pants!
  • Sleep:  Sleep is getting better.  Lots of lower back pressure so it is a little rough.  I am using lots of pillows to ease the tension.
  • Best Moment of the Week:  We heard Sweet Pea’s heartbeat again at our Friday appointment.  So far so good!  In 3 weeks, we will have our ultrasound and possibly find out if there is a Miss Sweet Pea or  a Mr. Sweet Pea growing inside of me!
  • Food Cravings: Nothing yet.
  • Food Aversions:  Still not crazy about chicken or honestly any meat in general.  Very interesting…good news, I found out tonight that I still find the regular Chick-fila chicken sandwiches appetizing!  Glad to be able to eat some chicken, even if it is fast food! 
  • Food Fondness:  still the same answer in the category--fruits, juices, most vegetables (as long as they are not squishy!), toaster strudels, nuts, potato anything, mac ‘n cheese (I have always loved side dishes).  Drinking lots of protein drinks and Ensure!
  • Morning Sickness:  Threw up a couple of weeks ago and luckily nothing else since then!  hopefully, this phase has passed on…
  • Symptoms: Still- Tiredness & Breakouts & lots of Peeing J  Shortness of Breath when I have long conversations and lower back aches already!
  • What I'm looking forward to:  I will be going to see Roy boy in NY the first weekend of April.  Will also be able to see Smitha Aunty and family – that will be great since I have not seen them at all since we announced Sweet Pea.  Then, the following week, I get to go home to Charlotte and see all the family there.  Cant wait!
  • What I miss: My energy!
  • Work:  Work is going great and the Sweet Pea’s first business trip went wonderful without any problems.  We are about to go to travel together for the next couple of weeks, so hopefully all goes well.
Schedule:  March 13-14 Atlanta, March 15-17 Houston, March 20-24 Chicago
  • Fitness:  Still continuing my Yoga twice a week and swimming aerobics on Saturdays when I am in town.  My swimming instructor refers to me as “Little Mama.” :)
  • Other news:  We got the crib!  We picked it up on Sunday!  Who knows when it will be fixed up since my handyman is busy with school, but at least it is here.  I took pics of  our current office furniture and posted it on Craigslist, so keep your fingers crossed that we sell it soon and for a good price! 
Diaper changer box (it came from Indonesia!)
Crib package (mattress in the background)
We just also received our diaper changer table yesterday!  It had to come in with a moving company.  We really didn't want the movers to take it upstairs if they wouldn't take off their shoes (muddy and pouring rain outside).  The box was huge and it looked like it was already assembled!  On second thought, I realized it would be terrible to have to find people to help Chris get it upstairs! So I told them to go ahead and take it up.  They scuffed up the walls a little trying to get it up there around the stairs, but I guess that was the worst of it. Hopefully, we can clean it off or touch up the walls.  Well, It's up there!
    Belly Pic:  here it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment