Latest project? Well, on the surface, it appears that I am just tearing up the house! But in reality, I am TRYING to clean and organize. We will be changing over our little office into the nursery. Sound simple, right? WRONG! The walk in closet in the office is full of “office” type items that will need a new home, since we will need to put all of Sweet Pea’s things in there. So where do we move all this useful office stuff that we need to keep? In the guest bedroom closet, of course! Well, again, this would be all easy if that closet was not packed with “stuff.” Now this closet was not categorized – it had extra comforters and pillows, Halloween costumes, lots of memory stuff, wedding memorabilia, and clothes. Mostly, it was items that I did not want to get rid of, but at the same time, I was not committed to say that it needed to be stored until the end of time up in the attic. So last weekend, I really stayed committed to organizing the items and determining my “keep,” “donate,” and “trash” piles. Of course, the items to "keep" had to find new homes, and when I went to place them into their new location, the existing items had to find another place! So now, do you see why the house is a disaster ?!?!?
Well, good news is that I can now see the floor in the guest bedroom. I am beginning to see the plan unfold of how to take all the items out of the office to make room for Sweet Pea. It will be sad to see our office furniture go, but more exciting furniture to come, right?
If all goes as planned, this crib shoud last us a long time. It converts from crib to toddler daybed to full-size headboard and footboard with the conversion rails. The diaper changing tower functions as both a diaper changer and a dresser, so we do not waste any space. Overall, so far, very pleased with the selections.
As you can see from the picture, I spent a lot of time with grids and movable pieces to make sure that we would be able to fit what we wanted in the space without it feeling too crowded. We are thinking of a glider and ottoman as the last pieces of furniture in here, but I think I will wait until we have the crib and tower in place to really feel out the room. Hope you like it!
Here is an idea of how the crib and the diaper changer table will look. I am so excited! The color is expresso. It should be fun to put together when it comes! (sarcasm) :)
The crib should be available for pickup next week, and the diaper changer tower will be delivered next week! The reviews on the website mentioned that the delivery can take a long time, so to avoid any last minute delays, I ordered it. Little did I know it would come so fast! Either way, I am glad to at least be able to mark one thing off my list!
But wait... you didn't give us a fruit this week. Pomegranite? Nectarine? Purple mangosteen???
ReplyDeletehehe..surprise! Sweet Pea is not a fruit this week! He/she is as big as a turnip! not sure if I have ever seen a turnip in person before but the app says that Sweet Pea is 5 inches and 5 ounces this week. So not as exciting as a purple mangosteen :) but a turnip will have to do!
ReplyDelete