Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day

I had been looking forward to this trip for so long.  Memorial day weekend is always a blast in Charlotte.  This time I would be home for a week- I just could not wait. 
 
Naveen and I traveled by ourselves for the first time- Naveen was such a trooper.  The flight attendants didn’t let me take my small bag with me to my seat (which once I got there- found out there was plenty of space-very upsetting), so I had to try to balance Naveen in one arm along with a blanket, snacks, bottles, diapers, wipes, and cream in the other hand.  Yes, I was not a happy camper at the lack of sympathy from the flight attendants.  Go figure why USAir receives the lowest customer satisfaction scores every year!  At the end of the day, we made it safely and I didn’t leave Naveen on the plane- the flight can be considered a success.

Mom and dad were eagerly waiting for an hour at the airport and waiting as close as they could…they could not wait to get their hands on little Naveenie.  They bought a new car seat  and were so excited- Naveen actually liked his car seat and happily sat in it…which is a first!

Naveen and I had such a good time- he was spoiled by so much love.  He loved the house- so much for him to take and destroy! Haha!  He loved his piano and walker that Rose Mary and Simson Uncle bought him- he was in heaven.

his "Cars" themed high chair! he loved his steering wheel!


Chris came a couple days later and Roy came one day after that.  Roy starting driving after his long day at the hospital, drove 6-7 hours straight, so he could get to Naveen as soon as possible.  He came bearing gifts as always…Naveen you are so loved!

We had an amazing cookout party with all the family and great times at the neighborhood pool aka the “waterpark!”  Naveen loved the lazy river and the little kids area.  We had no idea how much he loved to splash water.  He basically soaked himself head to toe just from him splashing himself!



























Roy planned a special birthday surprise for me.  Even though my birthday was a month prior to this, it was so special to spend with my family.  Thank you so much Roy.




Aftterwards, a few of us (18 exactly) went to hang out at the waterpark!  As always, we had fun!






this picture cracks me up!










the airport :(

mom and dad not able to say bye to the little guy at the airport....

Stopped by Bo-jos in Terminal B.  I was very excited that Naveen loved the Bojangles dirty rice as much as I do--yay!  Just made my day!

This is exactly how we felt at the end of the trip- exhausted but such a good exhausted :)


  Again, can’t stress enough how much Naveen was spoiled by all the gifts and the love that weekend.  Thank you to everyone for making it so memorable.  Never can get enough of Charlotte.

No comments:

Post a Comment