- Sell the office furniture. We need to sell Chris' old desktop, my office chair, a printer, and some other office stuff to be completely done in the nursery. Craigslist—here I come!Update: Getting ready to sell the chair and lamp to my friend here at work. Yay, less items to worry about for Craigslist!
- Decorate & setup the nursery. We still have to put up curtains in the room. There are also some decorative items for the nursery that we have not bought yet, but at least I have it selected.Update: Chris surprised me when I came back from my last trip to Charlotte by putting up the curtains. They are beautiful and really soften the room. Mom and Dad purchased all the decoration items for the room. The room is looking more and more like a baby's room every day!
- Complete Pregnancy/Baby Scrapbook. Have not started this one—need to get a move on this
- Continue updating blog. I know I do not do a good job of staying on top of this one, but I am trying
- Find clothes to wear without breaking the bank! Update: Actually been easier now to find clothing with a bigger tummy- yay! Still wearing my normal size just looking for different cuts that can accommodate sweet pea
- Learn how to install the car seat properly - apparently we can install it and then find a location at seatcheck.org that will certify that we put it in correctly.
- Wash all baby clothes. I guess I will need to do this once I get closer to the due date for all the hand-me-downs and all the new clothes that Sweet Pea receives. Update: have already done one set of laundry of hand-me-downs I received from a co-worker. It was so cute and crazy to be folding such little clothing.
- Decide on baby's name. I know, I know…we need to move on this….
- Compile list of addresses/stamps for baby announcements. Luckily, I started a family spreadsheet last year…I will just have to work on gathering friends and coworkers addresses.
- Pack a hospital bag. I need to figure out what all goes in here. Update: Ok, I've read a lot of posts on this topic and it varies from taking almost nothing to taking a million things. I think I will go somewhere in the middle, so that I will not be sending Chris back n' forth to try to find things. Will just be easier to pack it and have it ready if needed. Here are some items that were suggested- couple pajamas, baby going home outfit, nursing stuff, throw away flip flips, glasses, contacts, toiletries, camera, reading material, chargers, snacks, and a pillow to name a few. Collecting everything now and will have the bag ready to go maybe next week so we do not have to worry about it.
- Bolt the diaper changing pad to the diaper table.
- Need to have a camera session with Chris so he feels comfortable using the SLR (I am the one the uses it all the time).
- Maternity professional pictures? Need to decide if I really want to pay to have these done…would be nice to do if we can...
- Pre-Register for Centennial Medical Center. Will have to complete this in July. DONE
- Get Maternity Leave planned and setup. I have to call in July to schedule my leave of absence. Chris and I spent some time over the phone with the HR lady to understand how the maternity and paternity leave works. I think we will need a refresher course once we get closer.DONE
- Decide theme for nursery. So if you look at the registry, you will see that the theme is jungle-themed. Mainly elephants and monkeys which are my favorite! I decided on a simple elephant bedding so that the room would not look so cluttered with a million animals (since it is a smaller room). DONE
- Find a Pediatrician. Apparently we are supposed to do research on this and even interview different pediatricians. Haven't even started on this one. Selected a pediatrician that was closer to home vs. work (hope that was the right decision). We will be going to Tennessee Pediatrics and seeing Dr. Jennifer Moore. Guess what? She is a UNC Med school graduate- definite winner! :) DONE
- Talk to insurance about adding baby to insurance- figure out how all this works! DONE
Do LOTS of research and create a gift registry. Completed. Wow this was a task. It was awesome being able to read reviews on each of the items, but at the same time it was overwhelming. The registry is more for my benefit, because it helped organize my thoughts and my selections! Registered at Babies R Us and Amazon.com!
- Tour the Labor and Delivery area at Centennial Medical Center. We are so lucky that Chris and I both know the administration at the hospital we plan on delivering at… definitely a perk to being in this field. We were able to get a private tour from the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO)- we felt very special
- Tour/Interview the Daycare. Completed. We are lucky to have the option of the Corporate Daycare right across the street from where I work. The director just called me last week and told me that things look good for Sweet Pea to have a spot when I return to work
- Pick out nursery furniture. Completed.
I am happy that I did this early...ordered the crib and changer (sweet gift from Chris' parents). We still haven't decided if we are doing a glider/rocker chair, so that could be one more piece in the future - Clean out office room to make way for nursery. I am happy to announce that this is done! Chris had a couple weeks off of school, and Chris' friend, Joe, was coming into town—so the nursery became a priority!
- Sign up for classes for Chris and I at the hospital (have to work around Chris' school schedule). This task was hard with our travel schedules, chris' school schedule, and his basketball schedule! But I made it work! We have most of our classes next month. The great thing is since we are HCA employees, the classes at the hospital are free to us!
- Order stroller and car seat. Very excited that I finally pulled the trigger on this one. I spent SOOOO much time researching this caetgory. I splurged on this item, but I knew this was important. We also had wedding gift cards that I had been saving that we were able to put towards this purchase (so thank you to all who provided a Bed Bath and Beyond giftcard!). The other day, I saw a mom with the same stroller and was so excited to hear how excited she was about her purchase. It is called the orbit system and it does so many cool things…and I got it in RED!! http://www.orbitbaby.com/en/products/stroller-travel-system-g2/
- Babymoon. We had a great "vacation" weekend to Disneyland and Los Angeles. I am glad we were able to work in a trip together before the baby comes despite our crazy schedules.
Don't forget to pack a cell phone charger cuz I'm sure you will be calling & texting family and friends. :) You know me - I immediately think of the gadgets.
ReplyDelete