- How far along: 30 weeks (29 weeks and 2 Days)
- Countdown: 10 weeks and 5 days!
- Size of Sweet Pea: 17 inches long and 3.1 lbs. (size of a butternut squash this week)
- Notable accomplishments for Sweet Pea: Per FitPregnancy…
1. Lungs are now capable of breathing air.
2. Finishing touches on major organ systems, such as brain, lungs, and liver.
3. Working on gaining layers of fat.
4. Eyes capable of opening this week.
5. Sucking and swallowing skills are improving.
- Total Weight Gained: ok…there is no shortage of pounds here… I have gained 20 pounds so far! My basketball belly is definitely showing. It is crazy to see my clothes moving, when Sweet Pea is rummaging around in my belly! Starting weight – 95 lbs Last Appt- 115 lbs
- Maternity Clothes: Nothing new in this department….since I have been lucky enough to be so far only be gaining weight in my belly, I have just been wearing my regular clothes/size and just stretching everything out in the belly region. Hopefully everything all my tops will go back to its normal shape, but if not, I guess it will be a good excuse to go shopping!
- Sleep: Sleep has its moments—I am still getting used to all movement that Sweet Pea makes in the middle of the night. It was funny, the other night, Chris moved away from me when Sweet Pea was playing some sport in his little home. I wanted to say- “imagine how I feel!!...but I let him get his beauty rest.
- Appointment: I had an appt this week. Everything looks good and the doctor is pleased with the weight and size of my belly. It is always nice to hear Sweet Pea’s heartbeat. I took a glucose test and anemia test while I was there. I wont know the results for at least a week, but if there are any problems discovered, they will need to see me again so we can try to treat the problem as soon as possible. Gestational diabetes can cause lots of stress during the pregnancy- so lets hope for the best!
- Best Moment of the Week: Going to Charlotte for Memorial Weekend! Yay for family! Chris came with me on this trip, so everyone was really excited to see him since it has been awhile. Also, yay, the pools were opening! I am not really a huge outdoor pool fan (because I do not need the tan obviously), but the pool at my parent’s neighborhood (affectionately called “the waterpark” by my little cousins) is AWESOME!! Lazy river, slides, water guns….it has it all. It was so fun- and it always makes us jealous! Also, my brother Roy came too!! Only for a 1.5 days- but anytime I can get with him makes me happy!
Also- the family gave us this wonderful surprise baby shower. I will have a separate post for that in the coming days. My cousins Jim and Rhea were so sweet to be the photographers that evening. Once we work out the plan of getting the pictures, I will post some of them so you can see what a wonderful time we had. I love you all so much. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
- Food Cravings: Nothing yet.
- Food Aversions: Nothing at this point- yay!
- Food Fondness: Still the same answer in the category--Fruits, Juices, most vegetables (as long as they are not squishy!), potato anything, mac ‘n cheese (I have always loved side dishes).
- Morning Sickness: hopefully, this phase has passed on…
- Symptoms: Still Back aches/lower tailbone pain, occasional CRAZY cramps in my legs
- What I'm looking forward to:
- My friend Amisha’s visit (one of my bridesmaids)- this weekend
- Cousin’s – Elise’s- wedding in NC (my last travel L)- next weekend
- Suhale, Leena, and Baby Zailen’s visit (Su and Leena were both in our wedding party)- couple weeks after Elise’s weeding . Also, the same weekend, Chris’ mom will have a family baby shower for us – very sweet.
We are so lucky to have all these people who love us so much to come and visit!
- What I miss: No change in answer--My energy! My mind is still going at normal speed, but my body is having a harder time keeping up! I also miss not having to get up to pee so often in the middle of the night!
- Work: So I officially have been “grounded.” No more work travels. I had another respiratory sickness from my last plane flight to California—I just cant get sick again, completely wears me out and it takes FOREVER to get over the cough. So now onto desktop audits for me!
- Fitness: Definitely been slacking in this area with the decreased energy levels. Chris and I have been going on walks in the neighborhood in the evening – so that has helped. Need to get back on the bandwagon!
- Belly Pic: coming soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment