Chris’ business trips started piling up, and I was getting a
little worried about doing so much on my own and keeping up with my work
life. I literally picked up the phone
and asked mom if she would come the following week for two weeks- of course, as
a great mom, she said yes. Even after I
told her that I needed to her to help some days with Naveen and then some days
with the house, she agreed.
She came with only one carryon bag that had enough food for
us for a week and half, multiple gits/clothes for each one of us, and her basic
essentials! I seriously thought there
was a dead body in the bag when I picked it up—but she got it on just as a
carry on! That is what I call efficient!
It was so wonderful having mom with us. I loved that Naveen bonded with her, and she
helped out SOOOO much with the
house. I can not tell you how much you
assisted us- not only to did she watch Naveen most days, but she did the
laundry (millions of loads), cleaned the fridge, cleaned the bathrooms, floors,
bedrooms, categorized all Naveen’s clothes that he can not longer wear from
this past year, cleaned all the window sills, dusted, cooked, etc. Can you believe it? The best part- I did not need to ask for
anything. She just did it. Thank you
so much mom. I feel a little
saner today than I have in months.
Thank you dad for sharing her with us- I know it makes your
life harder…so thanks for sharing! Chris
said we may need to work out some custody agreement with you. Haha!
Naveen still (a few days after mom left) looks upstairs to
see if Grandma is coming from her room.
It actually is sad to see him do that because I know that he really
liked having mom around to spoil him.


No comments:
Post a Comment