Sunday, September 16, 2012

Making Handprints!

Isn't he just the cutest?


Well, here is another project I wanted to do with Naveen- a stone handprint.  I could never find the perfect time to make this happen, so randomly, I decided today would be the day!

It was actually more work than I thought and less that we could do together...so it didn't quite work out as planned.
I had to mix cement powder and water together with directions that were less than clear.  They had said how many cups of water to add and then, after I had already added the water, it later mentioned that you may want to adjust the water depending on how cool/warm it was outside!  Whoops!  So, in the end, I added too much water (of course, it was the first weekend with cooler weather) and had a hard time with it drying so Naveen could put his hands in it.
Well, I was able to slowly soak up some of the water with a paper towel.  Finally, I was at the step where Naveen could leave his mark.  Of course, this always goes better in my head than what happens in reality.   He was not happy to help me and screamed at the idea of putting his hand in the mix!  Mind you, this is the kid that has no problem with playing in the dirt and getting mud all over himself!

Finally, i got his hand in there, but instead of just keeping his hands straight to make a nice handprint, he clenched his fist in his mix.  My mold was ruined!  I tried to level it all out and was mildly successful.  Luckily enough, one handprint was decent so I was able to save that one.  
Naveen was in no mood to try again- so I had to be creative- all I could do was put a big "N" where he suposed to have a right hand print! haha!
Oh Naveen! 

Well here is how it turned out...not bad for all this mishaps!

No comments:

Post a Comment