So two days after our discharge (Tuesday), we went for our first doctor visit.
The doctor wanted to have a quick appointment to make sure that Naveen did not have an alarming level of jaundice after his few days of birth and to check his weight progress. We walked into the doctor’s office and while I went to get the paperwork, Chris went to sit down with Naveen in the waiting room. My over-protectiveness was already starting to kick in—I looked around and did want little Naveen to be around all these sick and loud kids. I didn’t want to say anything to Chris about it, because I thought he would make fun of me for being so over-protective…but then as soon as I sat down, Chris said that he just wanted to shield Naveen from all these germs and kids. Other parents were probably laughing at us, but we put Naveen’s little “paparazzi shield” down on his car seat so at least there was some barrier. It made us feel a little better. As I went to return the paperwork, I noticed that there was side room that said “well infants.” What a relief! I quickly got Chris and Naveen and we went into the safety of the infant room.
In the room, we saw other infants and could not imagine our little Naveen would be that big someday. It is exciting but at the same time – it is very sad to miss this cuddly stage of his life.
Naveenie was finally called back. When we got to the room, the nurse told us that we had to strip him down to get a naked weight. The poor guy! We had to put him down on this cold weight machine, and he definitely did not like it. His weight was 6 lbs 2 oz, which was the weight that we had when we left the hospital—which was great!
Chris quickly picked up our little guy to console him. They asked us to keep him naked for the doctor. The thought of him being so cold and miserable saddened us. Chris quickly put Naveen up to his body to keep him warm, which slowly calmed him down. I tried to run to the diaper bag so I could at least give Chris some kind of barrier, but before I knew it, it was too late. Chris felt a very warm, then wet sensation all down his shirt and pants and all the way through his clothes! It caught Chris by surprise, but he did not want to give Naveen up for fear that he would get cold again—this is when I knew that Chris was definitely head over heels in love with this guy. It was very cute.
Well, little Naveen received a stamp of approval from the doctor. We were so excited! We were also so happy with our doctor—she sat with us for what seemed like forever, and answered every question and reassured us as we shared every fear we had.
We went back home where Charlotte Grandpa and Grandma were eagerly awaiting our return. It was so sweet...Grandpa and Grandma had cleaned the whole house including mopping and shining the floors. It was so nice to return to a clean house. Thank you as always mom and dad!



No comments:
Post a Comment